v.1.0 - Updated 28th May 2020
Hi there, and welcome to Sphere! We're so pleased to have you on board 🙌
We love encouraging constructive conversations about topics that we really care about and are interested in. We want to bring people together from all over the world to have useful, interesting and respectful conversations.
These guidelines are a few things to bear in mind to make sure that everyone finds this a safe and harmonious platform to share their knowledge and discuss.
Please read the expectations below and follow the rules to have a rewarding and fun time using Sphere!
We expect everyone to:
1. Have Constructive Conversations
When sharing, please add to the conversation with appropriate content and give reasoning to your opinions. When others are sharing, listen and try to learn from others.
2. Be Respectful to Others
Respect each other and be kind and polite as much as possible, even when you disagree with someone. Treat other users like you would treat people in person. Everyone should feel safe and fairly treated.
3. Bring About Meaningful Connections
Connect with like-minded people through interesting and meaningful conversations. Help us create a platform that everyone will enjoy using. Let’s not take ourselves too seriously and have some fun!
We want to be very transparent about how we use your data. In order to create new features and maintain a safe platform, we do need some access to your data, including what’s said in the chats you have on the Sphere app (similar to how Google and Facebook operate).
Please feel free to read our full terms and conditions if you'd like to understand more or speak to our Customer Support team through the app (either from the Settings section or in the CAP sphere, if you're a part of that).
Do not post illegal content
This includes, but isn’t limited to, content that:
- Promotes, encourages, or incites acts of terrorism: content that supports or celebrates terrorist organizations, their leaders, or associated violent activities.
- Promotes or publicises violent crime, theft, and/or fraud: this includes but is not limited to content depicting, admitting to, or promoting the following criminal acts committed by you or others: physical harm committed against people, theft, vandalism or property damage, fraud and human trafficking.
- Participates in or advocates for the sexual exploitation of children: this includes but is not limited to, engaging in any sexual activity involving children, adults soliciting children, children soliciting other children, children soliciting adults and using our products and site with the intention of sexualising children.
- Depicts, threatens or promotes sexual violence, sexual assault, or sexual exploitation: This includes but is not limited to depictions of rape, other forms of sexual assault, any sexual acts that occur without the consent of participants and any attempts to sexually exploit people, e.g. by threats of exposure of sexually related content.
- Encourages hatred or discrimination: content that purposefully degrades, dehumanises or incites hatred of individuals or groups based on race, ethnic or national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or disease.
Do not post harmful content
This includes, but isn’t limited to, content that:
- Is spammy: this is defined as content that is repeated, unwanted, and/or unsolicited actions, whether automated or manual, that negatively affect Sphere or its users user. This may be repetitive, disruptive, aggressive, or intended to drive traffic and or attention to unrelated platforms, websites, products or services.
- You don't own or have rights or permissions (either explicit or under fair use) to: this includes content that violates anyone's privacy, e.g. personally identifiable or confidential information like credit card numbers, private contact information, and private photos or videos taken or posted without the subject's consent.
- Threatens, harasses or bullies other users: this includes instances of bullying, intimidation, personal attacks vulgar language directed at particular users, direct or indirect threats, sexually suggestive remarks, inappropriate social contact, and sustained disruptions of discussions. This also includes any form of targeted and sustained abuse, sharing content with the intent to humiliate or harm someone, stalking or violating another’s established personal boundaries existing to avoid contact with you.
- Encourages violence or physical harm: content that glorifies, incites, or calls for violence or physical harm against an individual or a group of people; or content that encourages the abuse of animals (including bestiality).
- Is graphic content intended to be distressing: including but not limited to any content that is gory or graphic posted with the intention to be distressing or shocking.
- Encourages self-harm: content that encourages others to engage in self-harm and suicide, including self-injury and eating disorders. This also includes any content showcasing or glorifying self-harm or suicide that does not encourage others to seek counselling or treatment, or offer support and advice as to their recovery.
- Is sexually explicit: including images, videos or GIFs depicting a sex act, human genitals or female nipples; sex chat, and asking sexually inappropriate questions.
If you do not comply with these policies your messages may be deleted and you may be banned from using the platform.